Thursday, January 22, 2009

Originally Posted 10/21/2008

Shooting, Shooting, Shooting
from The Daily Scream by Dan
Autumn is in full swing and it is time to snag some images. I hope to complete a swing of the NC sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway over the next couple of days. I think I'll head to Cherokee tomorrow and shoot from the southern end of the Parkway back to Asheville...then drive over to Fancy Gap, VA the following day and take the Parkway back to Mt. Mitchell....it still remains closed between there and Craggy Gardens.

Did a partial of both trips on Saturday and today. Definitely want to do the whole route to get some better images for my website....plus I love fall colors. This shot is from the Devil's Courthouse...there are only a few days each year where the sun hits the rock just right at sunset to turn it red...I just happened to catch one.




Saturday was spent near Mt. Mitchell....and again....just happened to capture a rather unique phenomena...Stratus Topclouds

No comments:

Post a Comment